Wednesday, January 1, 2014

365 "Likes" Project: 1st Jan 2014

I have been putting off a daily 365 project for too long so finally I told myself I will start one in the new year... so tah-dah! day 1. I will be doing a sketch/painting/art piece a day of one thing I like. 


When I was younger in primary/secondary school, we used to get each other to write in autograph books, one section will be "Likes" or "favourites" or something to that effect. It is funny that while autograph books fell out of trend, as I went on to Junior College and then University, social media like Facebook started coming on and once again we are doing the same thing of "Liking" but this time in the digital world! So following that trend, I will make it a ritual to document one thing I "Like" every day in this year. (I haven't been doing much sketching so I wanted to work it into the project to start again) 


------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


1st Jan 2014 - Fish Soup 

 

I had been worrying about doing my first sketch, i wanted it to be something 'woah!', an interesting item to draw... yet after I went through a whole day of shopping, the thing I chose to draw is the banal local dish of "Fish Soup". There are so many famous local fare but they are all very sinful, the one dish I could eat over and over again is this simple Fish Soup dish. somehow, when I don't know what to eat, I seem to gravitate towards this. Being easily available, and since I resolved to eat less meat 1 year back, fish soup is a familiar comfort-food.


 






No comments:

Post a Comment